As the governing body of the Tufts University Alumni Association, the Tufts Alumni Council comprises about 180 members representing all schools of the university. There are an additional 70 Emeritus or retired members. View our recently elected members.
In coordination with the Office of Alumni Engagement (OAE), the Council assists with a number of alumni and student programs and services, such as alumni elections, regional alumni chapters and affinity groups, Alumni and Senior Awards, communications, alumni giving, career services, and more.
Each year, usually from February to April, the Council manages alumni elections where Tufts alumni elect nine Term Members and four Transitional Members from the graduating class to serve a 5-year term on the Council. Alumni also elect one or two alumni to the Board of Trustees annually. Visit the 2021 Alumni Election page.
Alumni Career Services
Through a joint effort with OAE and Tufts Career Center, the Alumni Council helped to establish the Alumni Career Services Program in 2004. The program provides coaching and training, one-on-one counseling sessions and networking opportunities for Tufts alumni and has served thousands of alumni from all over the United States and the world.
Special Reunion for Young Alumni
Back to the Hill: Young Alumni Festival, jointly developed by the Alumni Council and OAE, is a special event for classes celebrating their 1st, 5th, or 10th reunions.
Supporting Tufts Financially
We are committed to supporting Tufts financially from within our membership and creating a culture of philanthropy in the Jumbo community as a whole. The Council voted unanimously at its annual meeting in April 2017 to support the university’s capital campaign starting in November 2017 in the following ways:
- Contribute $30 M in support of the campaign with annual participation from every active Council member.
- Engage in advocacy and outreach to raise participation in annual giving among the alumni body.
- Foster an enduring culture of giving in the broad Jumbo community.
Giving to the Alumni Council
- Click on Make a Gift to the Alumni Council
- Select a School: “University Initiatives”
- Select an Area: “Tufts Alumni Council Fund”
FY 2023 Executive Committee
- Office of Alumni Engagement
- 617-627-3532 or 1-800-THE-ALUM