The Tufts University Alumni Association sponsors an Alumni Insurance Program as a service to alumni. The program offers a variety of attractively-priced insurance products, most of which are available to alumni, students, faculty, and staff, as well as their spouses, domestic partners, children, parents, and siblings:
Be prepared for all that Mother Nature throws your way
Hurricanes. Volcanoes. Typhoons. Landslides. If there’s one thing you can’t control, it’s the weather. Our Alumni Insurance Program offers many ways to help protect you from the devastating effects of storms:
- Travel insurance can spare you from the horrors of travel during a storm. A few features to consider:
- Hurricane warning benefit - This allows you to cancel a trip if a hurricane warning has been issued at your destination.
- Trip delay - Imagine a storm delaying your departure, so you miss your connections. Travel insurance can help with those expenses and with the mechanics of rearranging your plans.
- Trip cancellation - Myriad triggers allow a traveler to cancel a trip due to, for example, damage to a home or business.
- Renter's insurance can cover your possessions—often quite inexpensively. If you rent an apartment, house, or even a room and a storm causes damage to your belongings, renters insurance will typically cover those items. Imagine losing all (or even some) of your clothes, furniture, devices, and more… the cost to replace everything would add up very quickly.
- Homeowner's insurance is usually required, so if you own your house you probably already have coverage, but is it sufficient? If hurricane damage is a concern in your region, make sure the policy specifically includes hurricane coverage. Likewise, if you’re in a flood zone, it’s crucial that you buy a flood insurance policy to protect yourself from flood damage. It never hurts to shop to make sure you have the best deal and the one
that’s right for your situation.
- Auto insurance is also often mandatory, but features and prices vary dramatically. Images of cars floating down flooded streets and crushed by trees might inspire you to review your policy to make sure you have sufficient coverage.
Visit the Alumni Insurance Program to learn more, obtain free quotes, and apply online.
- Auto, Home & Renters Insurance Special rates for alumni and family members living in the same household
- Life Insurance Coverage from $10,000 to $50 million
- Accidental Death Insurance Covers you 24 hours a day, every day of the year, worldwide
- Travel Insurance Travel Medical and Trip Protection for individuals or groups, for personal or business travel
- Long Term Care Insurance Protects your assets while allowing access to quality care in the most appropriate and desirable setting
- Long Term Disability Insurance Protect your income if you become too sick or injured to work
- Pet Insurance Simple, customizable dog and cat insurance plans
- Identity Theft Protection A comprehensive solution to give you peace of mind
- Small Business Insurance An all-in-one simple solution that includes a selection of plans, employee enrollment, and ongoing administration
- Advisory Services Access to licensed insurance professionals who answer questions and provide customized guidance
- Real Estate Referral Program Connects you with a network of hand-selected agents from brand name brokers in your area – and earns you a cash rebate!
- Medicare Health Exchange A combination of sophisticated technology and helpful assistance to help you choose the right Medicare plan for you.
For more information visit http://Tufts.MeyerAndAssoc.com/ or contact our program administrator (Meyer and Associates) at 800-635-7801.