The Tufts University Alumni Association sponsors an insurance program as a service to our graduates. The program offers a variety of insurance products, most of which are available to alumni, students, faculty, and staff, as well as their spouses, domestic partners, children, parents, and siblings. For more information, visit meyerandassoc.com/tufts or contact the program administrator at 800-635-7801.
Be prepared for all that Mother Nature throws your way
Hurricanes. Volcanoes. Typhoons. Landslides. If there’s one thing you can’t control, it’s the weather. Our Alumni Insurance Program offers many ways to help protect you from the devastating effects of storms:
- Travel insurance can spare you from the horrors of travel during a storm. A few features to consider:
- Hurricane warning benefit - This allows you to cancel a trip if a hurricane warning has been issued at your destination.
- Trip delay - Imagine a storm delaying your departure, so you miss your connections. Travel insurance can help with those expenses and with the mechanics of rearranging your plans.
- Trip cancellation - Myriad triggers allow a traveler to cancel a trip due to, for example, damage to a home or business.
- Renter's insurance can cover your possessions—often quite inexpensively. If you rent an apartment, house, or even a room and a storm causes damage to your belongings, renters insurance will typically cover those items. Imagine losing all (or even some) of your clothes, furniture, devices, and more… the cost to replace everything would add up very quickly.
- Homeowner's insurance is usually required, so if you own your house you probably already have coverage, but is it sufficient? If hurricane damage is a concern in your region, make sure the policy specifically includes hurricane coverage. Likewise, if you’re in a flood zone, it’s crucial that you buy a flood insurance policy to protect yourself from flood damage. It never hurts to shop to make sure you have the best deal and the one
that’s right for your situation.
- Auto insurance is also often mandatory, but features and prices vary dramatically. Images of cars floating down flooded streets and crushed by trees might inspire you to review your policy to make sure you have sufficient coverage.
Visit the Alumni Insurance Program to learn more, obtain free quotes, and apply online.
Auto, Home, and Renter's Insurance
Special rates are available to alumni and family members living in the same household.
Long-term protection with great rates and fantastic features. Coverage is available from $10,000 to $50 million.
ACA-compliant coverage is available through our private health insurance exchange. Short-term coverage is also available for those with a temporary need.
Accidental Death Insurance
Covers you 24 hours a day, every day of the year, worldwide. The more active you are, the more important it is for you to consider Accidental Death insurance.
Travel medical and trip protection coverage is available for individuals or groups for personal or business travel.
Long-Term Care Insurance
Protect your assets from serious erosion while allowing access to quality care in the most appropriate and desirable setting.
Simple, customizable dog and cat insurance plans are available.
Liability coverage up to $2 million is available for events lasting from a few hours to as much as 10 days.
A licensed insurance professional is available at no charge to answer questions and provide customized guidance.
For more information, visit meyerandassoc.com/tufts, or contact the program administrator at 800-635-7801.